Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials
About "Mastering the English Bible"
Mastering the English Bible is an in-depth survey of the Old and New Testaments, covering Bible history and every book of the Bible.
Mastering the English Bible is for beginning Bible students as well as for advanced. It is for youngsters (mature teens and above) and oldsters. It is for individuals, homes, and churches.
Mastering the English Bible is a complete Bible college curriculum in one course. The aim is to educate the student in Bible history, Bible times (e.g., Egypt, ancient Babylon, the Hittites, Assyria, neo-Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome), Bible interpretation, Bible doctrine, Bible terms, Bible geography, Bible typology (e.g., the Passover, the Tabernacle, the Levitical Priesthood, the Levitical offerings), Bible culture, Bible biography, Bible archaeology, and Bible prophecy.
Mastering the English Bible aims to to give the student a broad comprehension of the Bible as a whole. The Bible is one Book that was planned by God in eternity before it was given by divine inspiration to the holy prophets, and understanding the big picture is necessary to rightly understand the parts.
The course teaches the student to see Christ everywhere in Scripture.
Mastering the English Bible is practical throughout. Bible teaching does not accomplish God’s will until it produces born again salvation and holy living (2 Ti. 3:16-17). We emphasize the believer’s life as a priest (1 Pe. 2:5), pilgrim (1 Pe. 2:11), ambassador (2 Co. 5:20), builder of the New Testament church (1 Co. 3:9-15), builder of the home (Eph. 5:22 - 6:4), teacher (Heb. 5:12-14), spiritual warrior (Eph. 6:10-19), and minister of spiritual gifts (Ro. 12:3-8).
Mastering the English Bible is a package that consists of textbooks, syllabi, student assignments, review questions, tests, and test scores. Many of the segments also have video classes.
Title Descriptions and Info
Titles in Red are available now. Other titles are being released weekly.
Complete set is also immediately available.
Mastering the English Bible - Old Testament History Genesis to the Silent Years
- 90 video classes, textbook 144 pages, syllabus
- An extensive survey of the history of the Old Testament, with chapter by chapter studies of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Samuel, and Kings. It covers the Babylonian Captivity, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther. It has a detailed study of the events of the “silent years” between the Testaments that set the stage for Christ’s first coming.
Mastering the English Bible - Gospels
- 49 video classes, textbook 291 pages
- An extensive survey of Christ’s birth, preaching, miracles, trials, vicarious suffering, resurrection, and ascension. The life of Christ is covered under the major events described in the Gospels, from Christ’s preexistence in John 1 to the resurrection appearances and teaching and ascension.
Mastering the English Bible - Acts
- 42 video classes, textbook, 182 pages
- The book of Acts is the Holy Spirit’s church planting manual, and this course deals with the nature and definition of the church, baptism, church membership, the Lord’s supper, apostles, elders, deacons, missionaries, evangelism, repentance, preaching, prayer, fasting, and much more. The course gives the Bible student a good understanding of early church history and deals with important doctrines and practices such as Christ’s resurrection, ascension, and second coming, the Holy Spirit, salvation, the inspiration of Scripture, Bible prophecy, and holiness. The course refutes heresies that are prevalent today and clears up many controversial issues, such as Pentecostal tongues, healing, Spirit baptism, Spirit filling, the woman’s role in the ministry, baptismal regeneration, infant baptism, sign miracles, repentance. Every modern church growth practice must be tested against the book of Acts.
Mastering the English Bible - Job and Psalms
- 24 video classes, textbook 136 pages, syllabus
- An extensive survey of the magnificent book of Job, including its six-fold theme, and a large, practical overview of the Psalms. We cover the splendor of the Psalms, the interpretation, the major themes, the great questions, the large prophetic element, the Psalms as a biography of David, the Psalms of Degrees, the Imprecatory Psalms, and many other things.
Mastering the English Bible - Prophetic Books
- 37 video classes, textbook 239 pages, syllabus
- An extensive survey of the 16 prophetic books from Isaiah to Malachi. The introduction covers the divine inspiration of the prophets, the repetition, the chronological order, the historical background, the figurative language, and the major themes. We deal extensively with every major theme of Bible prophecy, including Christ’s first coming, the day of the Lord, Armageddon, Christ’s coming in glory, Christ’s millennial kingdom, and the millennial temple.
Mastering the English Bible - Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon
- Textbook 176 pages, syllabus
- A highlights study of Proverbs, the book of practical wisdom, and an introduction to Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon. Proverbs is covered extensively, with a passage-by-passage study of chapters 1-9, plus topical studies on child discipline, counsel, the fool, friendship, the poor, the sluggard, the talebearer, the tongue, and wine. There is also a practical study on the Proverbs 31 wife.
Mastering the English Bible - Romans to Corinthians
- Textbook 304 pages, syllabus
- An extensive study of these prominent New Testament epistles. The course begins with an overview of Paul’s life and ministry. Romans is the first epistle in the New Testament canon because it is the most important. It contains Scripture’s most extensive study of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It covers the believer’s new standing in Christ, holy living, surrendered living, spiritual gifts, relationship with civil government, Christian liberty, and separation. We deal extensively with Romans 9-11 which answers the question, Have God’s covenants with Israel failed? (Ro. 9:6)? The theme of the Corinthian epistles is “correction of a carnal church,” and there is not a church today that does not need this instruction. There are fundamental passages on various aspects of doctrine and practical Christian living: the judgment seat of Christ, church discipline, Satan, lawsuits between brethren, fornication, marriage, support of preachers, idolatry and the Christian life, the Lord’s Supper, spiritual gifts, charity, tongues, the bodily resurrection, God’s help and comfort, suffering in the Christian life and ministry, the superiority of the gospel over the law, ambassadorship, separation, repentance, New Testament giving, weapons of spiritual warfare in the thought life, the danger of false teaching, Paul’s journey to heaven, and the signs of an apostle.
Mastering the English Bible - Galatians to Thessalonians
- Textbook 286 pages, syllabus
- A practical highlights study of Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, and 2 Thessalonians. These epistles contain a divinely-inspired course on the Christian life, home, and church. Major themes are Christ’s incarnation, sinlessness, vicarious suffering, resurrection, ascension, and preeminence, the Trinity, the ministry of the Holy Spirit, justification, reconciliation, sanctification, holiness, the believer’s new position in Christ, heavenly citizenship, the pilgrim walk, the danger of false teaching, persecution, and spiritual warfare. Another major theme is Bible prophecy: the imminent return of Christ, the Rapture, the day of the Lord, Christ’s coming in glory, and Christ’s kingdom.
Mastering the English Bible - Pastoral Epistles
Textbook 279 pages, syllabus
- There are three New Testament epistles written specifically for preachers. A thorough study of the Pastoral Epistles is essential for every preacher and church leader and should be a major part of every Bible training institution. Further, the study of the Pastoral Epistles should be a lifelong pursuit. Here we find practical teaching on Jesus Christ, the Godhead, and the Gospel, the divine inspiration of Scripture, God’s standards for pastors and deacons, instruction on the training and ordination of preachers, the preacher’s study life, the discipline of pastors, and the support of preachers. There is a huge emphasis on the importance of sound doctrine, warnings about false teaching, instruction for the woman’s ministry, godly Christian living. Another major theme is Bible prophecy, including the imminent return of Christ, last days apostasy, Christ’s glorious return, and Christ’s kingdom.
Mastering the English Bible - General Epistles
- Textbook 300 pages, syllabus
- A highlights course on Hebrews, James, 1 and 2 Peter, 1, 2, 3 John, and Jude. The General Epistles form a large part of the New Testament faith and contain instruction essential for every individual believer, every Christian home, and every church. As a part of “all Scripture,” these epistles are necessary to make the believer ‘perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works” (2 Ti. 3:16-17). Major themes include Christ’s vicarious atonement, Christ’s High Priesthood, the new covenant’s superiority to the old, the divine inspiration of Scripture, the definition and priority of faith, the new birth, election, the proper place of works in justification, patience in trials, the danger of the world, the control of the tongue, divine healing through prayer, the life of holiness, the pilgrim walk, spiritual warfare, marriage, the church as a spiritual house, persecution, separation, pastoral authority and ministry, spiritual growth. Another major theme is Bible prophecy, particularly last days scoffers, the imminent return of Christ, the day of the Lord, and the new heaven and new earth.
Mastering the English Bible - Revelation
- Textbook 261 pages, syllabus
- Revelation’s chief purpose is to exalt Jesus Christ and to challenge New Testament saints to be ready for Christ’s imminent return. This course is practical, comprehensive, and life changing. The student will learn how to interpret the book by the literal method that brings out the meaning of the most obscure sections. Revelation 19-22 is simply breathtaking, with its description of the Bride’s wedding and eternal dwelling place, and we have attempted to bring out the glory of this passage to the believer’s heart. In the preparation of this course the author gleaned from the pages of many out-of-print pre-tribulational studies as well as visit the sites of the seven churches of Revelation in Turkey.
The Way of Life Pictorial Bible
Mastering the English Bible is accompanied by THE WAY OF LIFE PICTORIAL BIBLE, which is an extensive series of multimedia PowerPoints packed with detailed maps, historical backgrounds, treasures from archaeology, carefully selected Bible pictures, reconstructive drawings, audio and video clips, and other visual aids. Many of these were captured by the author in the best archaeological and history museums in America and abroad, plus research trips to Israel, Greece, Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Europe, and England. There are 43 PowerPoints containing more than 6,800 slides. The Way of Life Pictorial Bible is available for free viewing and downloading
Genesis to Silent Years
Song of Solomon