Bible Believers Dictionary
by David W. Cloud
The Believer’s Bible Dictionary is designed to be more affordable and transportable than the Way of Life Encyclopedia of the Bible & Christianity. We encourage every believer, young and old, to have his own Bible dictionary and to have it right beside his Bible as he studies, and we are convinced that in many ways this is the best Bible dictionary available today.
There are eight ways it can help you:
(1) It can help you understand the Bible. The first requirement for understanding the Bible is to understand its words.
(2) It can help you understand out-of-use words and phrases from the King James Bible, such as blood guiltiness, die the death, and superfluity of naughtiness.
(3) It can help you to do topical studies. The student can study the full range of Bible doctrines by following the thousands of cross references from entry to entry.
(4) It can help you to study issues relating to morality and practical Christian living, such as capital punishment, child training, cremation, and divorce.
(5) It can help you to study Old Testament types of Christ, such as day of atonement, high priest, Melchizedek, passover, and tabernacle.
(6) It can help you to find the meaning of Bible customs and ancient culture, such as agriculture, idolatry, military, money, music, and weights and measures.
(7) It can help you to study Bible places and geography, such as Assyria, Babylon, Caesarea, Ephesus, and Jordan River.
(8) It can help you in preaching and teaching. The doctrinal material in this dictionary is presented in a practical manner with outlines that can be used for teaching and preaching, in the pulpit, Sunday Schools, Bible Colleges and Institutes, home schools, family devotions, prisons and jails, nursing homes, etc.
Missionary author Jack Moorman calls the dictionary “excellent” and says, “The entries show a ‘distilled spirituality.’”
View Sample Pages
40% discount on 5 or more on most products - ordering information