The following is the review section from the book Keeping the Kids: How to Keep the Children from Falling Prey to the World. It is a training course for child discipline and youth discipleship that is packed with practical suggestions. Available from Way of Life Literature, www.wayoflife.org.
We have covered a lot of material in this book, and it might be helpful to offer a checklist of the major points.
- Do the parents have godly child training as a major priority and objective?
- Are the parents doing everything possible to see that the children are born again?
- Are the parents living consistent Christian lives?
- Do the parents have an effective private Bible study habit?
- Do they have a daily family altar?
- Are they faithful to a sound church?
- Are the parents avoiding any glaring sin that would undermine their discipline?
- Do the husband and wife have a wholesome relationship together in the Lord?
- Is the father the spiritual head of the home?
- Is the husband loving his wife and communicating with her?
- Does the wife have a godly, submissive spirit?
- Is the mother a “keeper at home”?
- Is the home filled with spiritual music?
- Are the children being disciplined effectively and is the rod incorporated properly into the disciplinary program?
- Is the discipline being applied consistently?
- Is the discipline being applied persistently?
- Is the rod being used with sufficient force to produce obedience?
- Are the children being taught obedience and respect for authority?
- Are the children being taught to have a good attitude?
- Are the children being taught to obey quickly rather than given multiple warnings?
- Is the discipline being administered in love?
- Are the parents carefully guarding themselves against disciplining the children in anger?
- Are the children being taught that they cannot sass back or resist the discipline?
- Are the children being grounded in the Bible? Are they being trained to have their own personal daily Bible study habits?
- Are the children being taught how to study and interpret the Bible?
- Are the parents in close communication with the children?
- Are the father and mother acting in harmony before the children?
- Are the parents keeping and guarding the children’s hearts?
- Is the father careful to avoid provoking his children to wrath?
- Are the parents closely overseeing all areas of the children’s lives?
- If the children have reached adolescence, are the parents still in close communication with them and overseeing their lives?
- Are the parents candid before the children and do they confess their sins and errors when needful?
- Are the children being taught the biblical basis for rules and restrictions?
- Are they being taught how to apply the Bible to their daily lives and decisions?
- Are the parents praying daily and earnestly for the children?
- Are the children being separated from the evil things of the world, such as Hollywood, pop music, immodest fashions, and unwholesome video games and literature?
- Is any Internet usage under godly control?
- Are the children being taught how to serve the Lord? Are they involved in ministry?
- Are the children in a sound, spiritually-healthy Bible-believing fundamentalist church?
- Are the parents supporting the church’s standards?
- Are the children being educated in a wholesome Christian school or home school?
Sharing Policy: Much of our material is available for free, such as the hundreds of articles at the Way of Life web site. Other items we sell to help fund our expensive literature and foreign church planting ministries. Way of Life's content falls into two categories: sharable and non-sharable. Things that we encourage you to share include the audio sermons, O Timothy magazine, FBIS articles, and the free eVideos and free eBooks. You are welcome to make copies of these at your own expense and share them with friends and family. You may also post parts of reports and/or entire reports to websites, blogs, etc as long as you give proper credit (citation). A link to the original report is very much appreciated as the reports are frequently updated and/or expanded. Things we do not want copied and distributed are "Store" items like the Fundamental Baptist Digital Library, print editions of our books, electronic editions of the books that we sell, the videos that we sell, etc. The items have taken years to produce at enormous expense in time and money, and we use the income from sales to help fund the ministry. We trust that your Christian honesty will preserve the integrity of this policy. "For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward" (1 Timothy 5:18). Questions? email@example.com
Goal:Distributed by Way of Life Literature Inc., the Fundamental Baptist Information Service is an e-mail posting for Bible-believing Christians. Established in 1974, Way of Life Literature is a fundamental Baptist preaching and publishing ministry based in Bethel Baptist Church, London, Ontario, of which Wilbert Unger is the founding Pastor. Brother Cloud lives in South Asia where he has been a church planting missionary since 1979. Our primary goal with the FBIS is to provide material to assist preachers in the edification and protection of the churches.
Offering: Offerings are welcome if you care to make one. If you have been helped and/or blessed by our material offerings can be mailed or made online with with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Paypal. For information see: www.wayoflife.org/about/makeanoffering.html.
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials