Instead of “How many members do you have?” or “How many are you running in Sunday School?” or “What’s your Sunday morning attendance?” or “What was the attendance of your last special day?” or “How many young people are attending activities?” or “How many kids were at camp this year?” or “How are the offerings?” or “How much is your property worth?” or “How many professed Christ last year?” biblical questions would look like the following:
- Is the church seeing any life-changing conversions of sinners?
- What percentage of those who have professed Christ have gone on to be baptized and to grow in Christ and serve Him?
- What percentage of the members are real Bible students?
- What percentage of the members faithfully, enthusiastically attend prayer meetings?
- Does the church have real prayer meetings in which the members themselves actually spend time in prayer?
- What percentage of the homes are holy and separated from the world?
- What percentage of the homes are effectually raising their children for Christ?
- What percentage of the husbands are the spiritual leaders of their homes and are modeling a serious walk with Christ, Bible study, prayer, love for souls, ministry in the church?
- What percentage of the wives are spiritual keepers at home?
- What percentage of the children in the homes are properly disciplined and biblically educated?
- What percentage of the youth are on fire for the Lord, meaning surrendered to Christ and separated from the world from the heart, testing their friends, music, fashion, and social media by God’s Word, and are being transformed by the renewing of the mind by being serious Bible students, and are seeking to prove the perfect will of God according to the path of Romans 12?
- What percentage of the members are actively seeking to share the gospel and win people to Christ? Does the church have an aggressive program to reach everyone in the community and beyond with the gospel?
- What percentage of the members participate in the church’s evangelistic outreaches?
- Is the church holding the line against the world’s music and contemporary music? Is it being properly educated in this important issue?
- Is the church seeing men called to preach and is it training any men for the ministry?
- Is the church spiritually stronger today than it was 10 years ago?
- Is the church starting other sound churches? Is it multiplying itself?
Sharing Policy: Much of our material is available for free, such as the hundreds of articles at the Way of Life web site. Other items we sell to help fund our expensive literature and foreign church planting ministries. Way of Life's content falls into two categories: sharable and non-sharable. Things that we encourage you to share include the audio sermons, O Timothy magazine, FBIS articles, and the free eVideos and free eBooks. You are welcome to make copies of these at your own expense and share them with friends and family. You may also post parts of reports and/or entire reports to websites, blogs, etc as long as you give proper credit (citation). A link to the original report is very much appreciated as the reports are frequently updated and/or expanded. Things we do not want copied and distributed are "Store" items like the Fundamental Baptist Digital Library, print editions of our books, electronic editions of the books that we sell, the videos that we sell, etc. The items have taken years to produce at enormous expense in time and money, and we use the income from sales to help fund the ministry. We trust that your Christian honesty will preserve the integrity of this policy. "For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward" (1 Timothy 5:18). Questions? email@example.com
Goal:Distributed by Way of Life Literature Inc., the Fundamental Baptist Information Service is an e-mail posting for Bible-believing Christians. Established in 1974, Way of Life Literature is a fundamental Baptist preaching and publishing ministry based in Bethel Baptist Church, London, Ontario, of which Wilbert Unger is the founding Pastor. Brother Cloud lives in South Asia where he has been a church planting missionary since 1979. Our primary goal with the FBIS is to provide material to assist preachers in the edification and protection of the churches.
Offering: We take up a quarterly offering to fund this ministry, and those who use the materials are expected to participate (Galatians 6:6) if they can. We do not solicit funds from those who do not agree with our preaching and who are not helped by these publications. We seek offerings only from those who are helped. OFFERINGS can be mailed or made online with with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Paypal. For information see: www.wayoflife.org/about/makeanoffering.html.
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials