1. They strain at the gnat of Erasmus, who was admittedly weak in the faith but was also an exception in the field of the Received Text over the past half millennium and swallow the camel of the fact that theological modernism, skepticism, and unitarianism is the rule among the fathers of modern textual criticism, that apostasy is an intimate companion of modern textual criticism.
2. They strain at the gnat of David Otis Fuller’s use of some of the writings of Seventh-day Adventist Benjamin Wilkinson and swallow the camel of modern textual criticism’s blatant denial of divine preservation.
3. They strain at the gnat of the extremely minor revisions of the KJV and swallow the camel of the dramatic doctrinal issues associated with the Alexandrian text.
4. They strain at the gnat of Peter Ruckman’s peculiarities and swallow the camel of the 500 years of reasonable, godly defense of the Received Text and the 200 years of the same type of defense of the King James Bible (as documented in For Love of the Bible).
5. They strain at the gnat of the mistakes and foibles of King James Bible defenders and swallow the camel of the blatant heresies of modern textual criticism, such as the alleged historical recension whereby the original text of Scripture was replaced in the 4th century with a corrupt one and not recovered until 1,500 years later.
6. They strain at the gnat of the slight variety among the various editions of the Greek Received Text and swallow the camel of how modern textual criticism treats the Bible like an ordinary book.
7. They strain at the gnat that 1 John 5:7 in the Received Text lacks majority Greek manuscript support and swallow the camel that MOST of their critical text readings have but slight manuscript support, in many cases less than that for 1 John 5:7.
Sharing Policy: Much of our material is available for free, such as the hundreds of articles at the Way of Life web site. Other items we sell to help fund our expensive literature and foreign church planting ministries. Way of Life's content falls into two categories: sharable and non-sharable. Things that we encourage you to share include the audio sermons, O Timothy magazine, FBIS articles, and the free eVideos and free eBooks. You are welcome to make copies of these at your own expense and share them with friends and family, but they cannot be posted to web sites. You are also welcome to use excerpts from the articles in your writings, in sermons, in church bulletins, etc. All we ask is that you give proper credit. Things we do not want copied and distributed freely are items like the Fundamental Baptist Digital Library, print editions of our books, electronic editions of the books that we sell, the videos that we sell, etc. The items have taken years to produce at enormous expense in time and money, and we use the income from sales to help fund the ministry. We trust that your Christian honesty will preserve the integrity of this policy. "For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward" (1 Timothy 5:18).
Goal:Distributed by Way of Life Literature Inc., the Fundamental Baptist Information Service is an e-mail posting for Bible-believing Christians. Established in 1974, Way of Life Literature is a fundamental Baptist preaching and publishing ministry based in Bethel Baptist Church, London, Ontario, of which Wilbert Unger is the founding Pastor. Brother Cloud lives in South Asia where he has been a church planting missionary since 1979. Our primary goal with the FBIS is to provide material to assist preachers in the edification and protection of the churches.
Offering: We take up a quarterly offering to fund this ministry, and those who use the materials are expected to participate (Galatians 6:6) if they can. We do not solicit funds from those who do not agree with our preaching and who are not helped by these publications. We seek offerings only from those who are helped. OFFERINGS can be mailed or made online with with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Paypal. For information see: www.wayoflife.org/about/makeanoffering.html.