Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials
The statement says, “... we must engage in interfaith dialogue as those who seek each other’s good, for the one God unceasingly seeks our good” (http://www.yale.edu/faith/acw/acw.htm). It was signed by the two major evangelical church growth gurus in America, Rick Warren and Bill Hybels.
In this act they joined hands with hundreds of other signatories, including Roman Catholics (e.g., “Father” Joseph Daoust, President of the Jesuit School of Theology Berkeley) and prominent theological modernists and emergents (e.g. Harvey Cox and Elizabeth Fiorenza of Harvard Divinity School, Tony Jones of Emergent Village, and Brian McLaren), and self-esteem guru Robert Schuller.
Other “evangelicals” who signed this unscriptural document were:
- Leith Anderson (President of the National Association of Evangelicals),
- Robert Cooley (President Emeritus, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary),
- Mike Edens (Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary),
- Timothy George (Beeson Divinity School at Samford University),
- Lynn Green (International Chairman of Youth With A Mission),
- Peter Kuzmic (Gordon-Conwell),
- David Neff (Editor in Chief Christianity Today),
- Roy Oksnevad (Institute of Strategic Evangelism at Wheaton College),
- Richard Mouw (President of Fuller Theological Seminary),
- Doug Pennoyer (Dean of the School of Intercultural Studies, Biola University),
- John Stott (Rector Emeritus of All Souls Church London),
- Michael Treneer (International President of The Navigators),
- Berten Waggoner (National Director of the Vineyard Churches),
- David Yonggi Cho (senior pastor Yoido Full Gospel Church Seoul),
- Bruce Clemenger (President of The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada).
Sharing Policy: Much of our material is available for free, such as the hundreds of articles at the Way of Life web site. Other items we sell to help fund our expensive literature and foreign church planting ministries. Way of Life's content falls into two categories: sharable and non-sharable. Things that we encourage you to share include the audio sermons, O Timothy magazine, FBIS articles, and the free eVideos and free eBooks. You are welcome to make copies of these at your own expense and share them with friends and family, but they cannot be posted to web sites. You are also welcome to use excerpts from the articles in your writings, in sermons, in church bulletins, etc. All we ask is that you give proper credit. Things we do not want copied and distributed freely are items like the Fundamental Baptist Digital Library, print editions of our books, electronic editions of the books that we sell, the videos that we sell, etc. The items have taken years to produce at enormous expense in time and money, and we use the income from sales to help fund the ministry. We trust that your Christian honesty will preserve the integrity of this policy. "For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward" (1 Timothy 5:18).
Goal:Distributed by Way of Life Literature Inc., the Fundamental Baptist Information Service is an e-mail posting for Bible-believing Christians. Established in 1974, Way of Life Literature is a fundamental Baptist preaching and publishing ministry based in Bethel Baptist Church, London, Ontario, of which Wilbert Unger is the founding Pastor. Brother Cloud lives in South Asia where he has been a church planting missionary since 1979. Our primary goal with the FBIS is to provide material to assist preachers in the edification and protection of the churches.
Offering: We take up a quarterly offering to fund this ministry, and those who use the materials are expected to participate (Galatians 6:6) if they can. We do not solicit funds from those who do not agree with our preaching and who are not helped by these publications. We seek offerings only from those who are helped. OFFERINGS can be mailed or made online with with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Paypal. For information see: www.wayoflife.org/about/makeanoffering.html.