The information in these books is the fruit of 30 years of research. When I first began studying the Bible text-version issue in about 1979, I wanted to check my sources and base my research upon primary documents, as much as possible, and I have pursued that goal over the past quarter century. Today my personal library contains a large percentage of the books that have been published in this field in English in the past 200 years. I have researched this issue at libraries such as Regent College in Vancouver, B.C., Westminster Seminary, the Southern Baptist Historical Library and Archives in Nashville; the British Library; Heritage Baptist University’s collection of rare Bibles; the Mack Library at BJU; the Museum of Waldensian History at Torre Pellice, Italy; the Moravian Museums in Pennsylvania and North Carolina; the Scriptorium Center for Biblical Studies in Orlando, Florida; the Cambridge University Library; the Spurgeon Library at William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri; Wake-Forest University Library; the Waldensian Museum in Valdese, North Carolina; the William Tyndale Museum in Vilvoorde, Belgium; the Gutenberg Museum in Germany; and the Erasmus House in Belgium.
“I have read about 95%+ of your Faith vs. Modern Versions book. What a masterpiece!! I am so impressed with it. It is probably the finest book I have read on the issue. I have also just finished reading your new book on the Bible Version Hall of Shame–EXCELLENT!! What a wealth of history and information.” --Dr. David Sorenson, author of Touch Not the Unclean Thing and Understanding the Bible Commentary
“I find the set to be very well researched and a valuable tool for to use in defending the REAL Bible.” --Dr. David L. Brown, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
FAITH VS. THE MODERN BIBLE VERSIONS: A 10-FOLD DEFENSE OF THE KING JAMES BIBLE by David Cloud
To our knowledge, this 775-page volume is the most comprehensive single volume on this topic in print. It contains information that has not appeared in any other book defending the King James Bible and breaks new ground in several areas -- such as the importance of the ancient separatist versions in the defense of 1 John 5:7, an exposition of the doctrine of Bible preservation from 43 passages of Scripture, documentation of the corruption of evangelical scholarship over the past 50 years and of the apostasy that enveloped the 19th century as modern textual criticism was devised and that further enveloped the 20th century as modern textual criticism became entrenched, and documentation of the role played by Unitarians in the development of modern textual criticism, to name a few. If you are new to the Bible Version issue and want to understand it, we believe this is the book for you; and if you have already been studying this subject for some time, you will find a wealth of new information here. The book contains 10 reasons why we hold to the King James Bible:
(1) Because of the doctrine of divine preservation
(2) Because the theories supporting the modern Greek text are heretical
(3) Because the modern texts and versions are a product of end-time apostasy
(4) Because of the King James Bible’s superior doctrine
(5) Because of the King James Bible’s unmatched heritage
(6) Because the modern versions are based upon a foundation of deception
(7) Because evangelical scholarship today is unreliable
(8) Because we reject dynamic equivalency
(9) Because we reject the “Majority Text” position
(10) Because of the evil fruit of the modern texts and versions.
Faith vs. the Modern Bible Versions contains an extensive and exciting history of the English Bible from the time of John Wycliffe in the 14th century to that of the King James Bible in the 17th. Faith vs. the Modern Bible Versions can also be used as an advanced course on this subject. It features 783 sectional review questions to reinforce the teaching. A separate teacher’s test book is available containing sectional and final tests with answer sheets.
Faith vs. the Modern Bible Versions is 775 pages, 7X8, perfect bound. The price is $29.95.
THE BIBLE VERSION QUESTION ANSWER DATABASE by David Cloud
This book gives diligently-researched, in-depth answers to 82 of the most important questions on this topic. A vast number of myths are exposed, such as the myth that Erasmus promised to add 1 John 5:7 to his Greek New Testament if even one manuscript could be produced, the myth that the differences between the Greek texts and versions are slight and insignificant, and the myth that there are no doctrines affected by the changes in the modern versions. The author has carried on extensive correspondence with men on all sides of this issue for the past 25 years, and this book answers the challenges that are made by the opponents of “King James Onlyism,” including James White, D.A. Carson, Doug Kutilek, the editors and authors of From the Mind of God to the Mind of Man and One Bible Only, etc.
Following are a few samples of the questions that are answered in this book:
* What is “King James Only”? Don’t King James Only people believe that God’s Word is only in English and that God’s people should not study Greek and Hebrew?
* Shouldn’t the Bible be translated into simple language that everyone can understand?
* Was “King James Onlyism” invented by a Seventh-day Adventist?
* Is it true that there are no doctrinal differences between the modern versions and the KJV?
* Does the Bible explicitly teach that God would preserve the Scripture?
* Does Psalm 12:7 refer to the preservation of Scripture?
* Does the Bible teach how God would preserve the Scripture?
* Where was the preserved Word of God before 1611?
* Don’t all of the scholars support the modern versions?
* Is the preserved word of God only available in English?
* Is it wrong to use other versions even for Bible study?
* Did fundamentalists defend the King James Bible before David Otis Fuller in the 1970s?
* How does the defense of the KJV differ from Rome’s position toward the Latin Vulgate?
* Can a person be saved through the modern versions?
* Was the King James Bible authorized?
* Didn’t the original KJV include the apocrypha?
* Was the King James Bible ever copyrighted?
* Hasn’t the KJV been updated in thousands of places?
* Was King James I a homosexual?
* Were the King James translators universally godly and without blame?
* What about Peter Ruckman?
* Didn’t the Anglican translators of the KJV change the translation to fit their doctrine?
* Didn’t the KJV translators say all versions are good?
* Is the King James Bible inspired?
* Could the KJV ever be revised again? Or could there ever be a better English translation of the Textus Receptus then what we have in the KJV?
* Isn’t the King James Bible too difficult to understand?
* Shouldn’t we remove the old language such as Thee, Thou, and Thine?
* Wasn’t the term “Textus Receptus” merely an advertising blurb?
* What about the differences between the various editions of the Received Text and which edition should we prefer?
* Wasn’t Erasmus a Roman Catholic humanist?
* Wasn’t Erasmus’ Greek New Testament hastily done and filled with errors?
* Didn’t Erasmus use a mere handful of manuscripts?
* Didn’t Erasmus and the Reformation editors of the Greek Received Text use textual criticism?
* What is modern textual criticism and why do we reject it?
* Isn’t the actual difference between the Greek Received Text and the Westcott-Hort text small and insignificant?
* Isn’t the Critical Greek text based on older manuscripts?
* Why do we reject the Vaticanus and Sinaiticus manuscripts?
* Who are Westcott and Hort, and what did they believe?
* Isn’t it true that modern versions are no longer based on Westcott and Hort?
* Should 1 John 5:7 be in the Bible since it has minority support among the Greek manuscripts?
* What about the last twelve verses of the Gospel of Mark?
* Should the Dead Sea Scrolls be used to modify the Masoretic Hebrew Old Testament?
* Don’t the Papyri prove that the Alexandrian text is the best?
* Isn’t it wrong to paint the entire field of modern textual criticism with the brush of skepticism, seeing that there are also Bible-believing men such as A.T. Robinson and B.B. Warfield in this arena?
* Does it matter if the influential names in modern textual criticism are skeptics?
* Is there an issue today with the Old Testament Hebrew text as there is with the New Testament Greek?
* What about the Greek “Majority Text”?
The Bible Version Question Answer Database also includes reviews of several of the popular modern versions, including the Living Bible, New Living Bible, Today’s English Version, New American Standard Version, New International Version, The Message, and the Holman Christian Standard Bible.
The Bible Version Question Answer Database is 423 pages, 7X8, perfect bound. The price is $17.95.
THE MODERN BIBLE VERSION HALL OF SHAME by David Cloud
This book documents the apostasy of some of the most influential names in the field of modern textual criticism and modern Bible versions from the past 250 years. There are articles on 110 influential modern textual critics and 40 modern version translators, including Simon, Bengel, Wettstein, Griesbach, Lachmann, Tregelles, Tischendorf, Westcott, Hort, Schaff, Thayer, Gregory, Briggs, Driver, Brown, Nestle, Liddle, Scott, von Soden, Kittel, Conybeare, Kenyon, Burkitt, Robinson, Lake, Souter, Clark, Moffatt, Goodspeed, Dodd, Bratcher, Taylor, Colwell, Kilpatrick, Elliott, Phillips, Epp, Nida, Ehrman, Childs, Wikgren, Aland, Martini, Metzger, and Karavidopoulos. There are also reports on some of the key evangelical popularizers of modern textual criticism, such as Tregelles, Hodge, Warfield, Robertson, Black, and Carson.
The Modern Bible Version Hall of Shame is 292 pages, 7X8, perfect bound. The price is $14.95.
The price for all three books containing a library on the Bible text-version issue is $62.85
CANADA ORDERS - please add GST
POSTAGE AND HANDLING
SET OF THREE BOOKS $6.00 Postage/Handling
U.S.A. --15% ($4.00 minimum)
CANADA/FOREIGN--To be computed at the time of order
PAYMENT: Payment can be made by check from the U.S. or Canada and mailed to Way of Life at either the Stateside or the Canada address. Make the checks payable to Way of Life Literature. Payment can also be made with credit card by phone, fax, or e-mail. When making payment by e-mail, send the credit card information in two separate e-mails. Most of the materials can be ordered online at http://www.wayoflife.org/catalog/catalog.htm, though we are not always able to add the latest titles in a timely fashion due to the fact that our webmaster in Singapore is a full-time pastor and is very busy. PAYPAL payments can be made to https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=dcloud%40wayoflife.org
Way of Life Literature
P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061-0368 866-295-4143 (toll free), firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail) http://www.wayoflife.org (web site)
Canada: Bethel Baptist Church, 4212 Campbell St. N., London, Ont. N6P 1A6, 519-652-2619 (voice), 519-652-0056 (fax)
PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US: We are a small church-based ministry. We do our very best to get the orders out quickly and efficiently, but we cannot provide the instant service that large commercial publishers offer. We, therefore, thank you beforehand for your patience and Christian grace. (If you need an order to be shipped by express post, we can usually provide this service at extra cost.)
Sharing Policy: Much of our material is available for free, such as the hundreds of articles at the Way of Life web site. Other items we sell to help fund our expensive literature and foreign church planting ministries. Way of Life's content falls into two categories: sharable and non-sharable. Things that we encourage you to share include the audio sermons, O Timothy magazine, FBIS articles, and the free eVideos and free eBooks. You are welcome to make copies of these at your own expense and share them with friends and family. You may also post parts of reports and/or entire reports to websites, blogs, etc as long as you give proper credit (citation). A link to the original report is very much appreciated as the reports are frequently updated and/or expanded. Things we do not want copied and distributed are "Store" items like the Fundamental Baptist Digital Library, print editions of our books, electronic editions of the books that we sell, the videos that we sell, etc. The items have taken years to produce at enormous expense in time and money, and we use the income from sales to help fund the ministry. We trust that your Christian honesty will preserve the integrity of this policy. "For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward" (1 Timothy 5:18). Questions? email@example.com
Goal:Distributed by Way of Life Literature Inc., the Fundamental Baptist Information Service is an e-mail posting for Bible-believing Christians. Established in 1974, Way of Life Literature is a fundamental Baptist preaching and publishing ministry based in Bethel Baptist Church, London, Ontario, of which Wilbert Unger is the founding Pastor. Brother Cloud lives in South Asia where he has been a church planting missionary since 1979. Our primary goal with the FBIS is to provide material to assist preachers in the edification and protection of the churches.
Offering: Offerings are welcome if you care to make one. If you have been helped and/or blessed by our material offerings can be mailed or made online with with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Paypal. For information see: www.wayoflife.org/about/makeanoffering.html.
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials