• Trump did a lot of good for America. We have said this often and forcefully. I prayed for Trump throughout his presidency and prayed much for his re-election and was sad when he lost. It was no small thing. I continue to pray for him and wish him well.
• I have no doubt that there was corruption in the 2020 election on the part of the Democrats.
• It is possible that Trump won, and it is possible that Trump didn’t win. We have looked at the evidence on both sides. At this point, it is water under the bridge and there is not a thing that anyone can do to change the outcome.
• Trump is not our focus. The root issues are spiritual and moral and therefore Trump is not the solution.
• The nation’s deep, widespread, ever-increasing problems are God’s judgment. America is a wicked nation and does not deserve God’s blessing, and the evidence of the lifting of His blessing is readily observable.
• It is not 1776 and there is no way that patriots will save America today by politics, rallies, campaigns, secessions, or revolutions.
• Political action cannot stop the progress of evolutionary, socialist, leftist, anti-biblical thinking. It is systemic. Leftist thought is propagandized in the public schools, in the colleges and universities, throughout the government, in the military, by the mainstream media. It controls the thinking of most of the nation’s largest corporations. It dominates the entertainment industry and the prominent social media companies.
• By God’s grace, America is still the freest nation on earth and still has a tremendous amount of blessing, and we need to use it for God’s business and God’s glory.
• God’s people need to obey Psalm 37 and not fret about the prosperity of the wicked.
• God’s people need to obey Colossians 3:1-4 and have their affections centered more in heavenly things than earthly.
• God’s people need to act more like they really believe Daniel 2:20-21 which says it is God who changes the times and seasons and removes kings and sets up kings.
• God’s people need to fill their minds much more with the Word of God than with conservative politics and conspiratorialism (Psalm 2:1-3)
• God’s people need to take their pilgrim status more seriously and be more keen on our heavenly citizenship than our American (Php. 3:20-21; Heb. 11:13; 1 Pe. 2:11).
• It is the churches that God’s people should focus on and not politics, because it is the church that is the pillar and ground of the truth (1 Ti. 3:15), the church which is God’s main program for this age.
• It is possible to strengthen the churches if we really want to aim to have full-orbed New Testament churches and if we are willing to reject tradition and pragmatism and if we are willing to pay the price. I believe the book 21 Steps to a Stronger Church for the 21st Century could help any church that would take it seriously, regardless of whether or not that church agrees with everything we say.
• God’s people need to get much, much more serious about prayer, individually, as families, and as churches, because effectual prayer truly changes things and can change things even nationally and globally (Ac. 2:42; Ro. 12:12; Eph. 6:18; Col. 5:2; 1 Th. 5:17; 1 Ti. 2:1-2; .1 Pe. 4:7).
• Christ’s Great Commission is in effect to the last day of the age and this must be our true passion (Mt. 28:18-20; Mr. 16:15; Ac. 1:8; 2 Co. 5:20; Php. 2:14-16).
• Christ’s return is imminent; we are not now in the day of the Lord; the redeemed of this age will not see the day of the Lord. Daniel’s 70th week (Da. 9:27) pertains to Israel, not the Church. God is restraining the devil’s mystery of iniquity at this time (2 Th. 2:3-8). We need to be busy in His work and listening for the Shout (Ro. 13:12; 1 Th. 1:9-10; 5:3-6; Php. 4:5; 1 Pe. 4:7; Re. 1:3).
Sharing Policy: Much of our material is available for free, such as the hundreds of articles at the Way of Life web site. Other items we sell to help fund our expensive literature and foreign church planting ministries. Way of Life's content falls into two categories: sharable and non-sharable. Things that we encourage you to share include the audio sermons, O Timothy magazine, FBIS articles, and the free eVideos and free eBooks. You are welcome to make copies of these at your own expense and share them with friends and family. You may also post parts of reports and/or entire reports to websites, blogs, etc as long as you give proper credit (citation). A link to the original report is very much appreciated as the reports are frequently updated and/or expanded. Things we do not want copied and distributed are "Store" items like the Fundamental Baptist Digital Library, print editions of our books, electronic editions of the books that we sell, the videos that we sell, etc. The items have taken years to produce at enormous expense in time and money, and we use the income from sales to help fund the ministry. We trust that your Christian honesty will preserve the integrity of this policy. "For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward" (1 Timothy 5:18). Questions? email@example.com
Goal:Distributed by Way of Life Literature Inc., the Fundamental Baptist Information Service is an e-mail posting for Bible-believing Christians. Established in 1974, Way of Life Literature is a fundamental Baptist preaching and publishing ministry based in Bethel Baptist Church, London, Ontario, of which Wilbert Unger is the founding Pastor. Brother Cloud lives in South Asia where he has been a church planting missionary since 1979. Our primary goal with the FBIS is to provide material to assist preachers in the edification and protection of the churches.
Offering: Offerings are welcome if you care to make one. If you have been helped and/or blessed by our material offerings can be mailed or made online with with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Paypal. For information see: www.wayoflife.org/about/makeanoffering.html.
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials