Since the early-1990s, Gail Riplinger has been a very bombastic voice for the King James Bible. Her shrill demeanor, mocking tone, and sensational approach have somehow proven popular.
Like Peter Ruckman, Riplinger has probably done more damage to the cause of the KJV than good. She has defied the Bible she claims to uphold by teaching men (1 Timothy 2:12), and, to make matters worse, she has smeared and belittled her opponents in a manner that is not befitting anyone with a Christian testimony.
Now she has now been proven beyond any reasonable doubt to be a liar.
She has maintained for years that she has only been married once, but in fact she was married three times.
Unlike Riplinger, Dr. D.A. Waite is widely known as a legitimate biblical scholar and even-tempered man who is honest and forthright. He has a good Christian testimony.
He has been very kind to Gail Riplinger and has done her many favors. She returned those kindnesses with dishonesty and double-dealing. If this is how she treats her friends, how much could she possibly be trusted in anything?
With his permission, we are reprinting Dr. Waite’s testimony regarding Riplinger.
GAIL RIPLINGER’S LIES TO DR. AND MRS. D. A. WAITE
The following testimony about Gail Riplinger, author of The New Age Bible Version, is from Dr. D.A. Waite, director of Bible for Today, 900 Park Ave., Collingswood, NJ 08108, BFT@BibleForToday.org:
Here is a chronological accounting of our experiences with Gail Riplinger.
1. Sometime in 2007 - Mrs. Waite and I were informed by uncertified documents sent to us that Gail Riplinger had had three husbands and two divorces.
2. October 24, 2007 - Mrs. Waite and I phoned Gail Riplinger to find out her explanation of these certified documents. Since we thought we were friends of hers. We thought she would tell us the truth. When Mrs. Waite asked her pointedly, if she had only had Mike Riplinger as her one and only husband and her one and only "marriage," she said, "Yes." Mrs. Waite asked if Gail had ever had any other husband. She said, "No." She denied strongly that she had ever had any other "marriages" but the present one with Mike Riplinger.
3, January 10-11, 2008 - At the Princeton King James Bible Conference, during a question and answer period, I was asked about the allegation that Gail Riplinger had been married three times and divorced twice. I said I had heard that also, then I gave my questioner Gail Riplinger's answer to me to the effect that she had had only one "marriage." Since Gail told Mrs. Waite and me this and since I thought we were friends and I thought she would never lie to us, I believed her. Because of my answer, one publication accused me of being part of a cover-up of Mrs. Riplinger’s marriages and divorces. Nothing could be further from the truth. I simply repeated what I was told by Mrs. Riplinger.
4. June 2008 - Because of continuing information and doubts about Gail Riplinger's marriages and divorces, I requested and received certified copies of Gail Riplinger's three marriages and two divorces to be to be certain that they were genuine. I found them to be genuine and unquestionably true documentation. On June 26, 2008, June 30, 2008, and July 1, 2008, CERTIFIED COPIES of Gail Riplinger's three marriage licenses and two divorces were dated by Ohio officials and mailed to me. Among other things, here are what these CERTIFIED COPIES reveal:
(1) Terry Edward Latessa married Gail Anne Ludwig (now Riplinger). The marriage license was dated June 2, 1969 in Trumbull County, Ohio. The marriage was certified on June 7, 1969.
(2) Franklin Alex Kaleda married Gail Anne Ludwig (Latessa now Riplinger). The marriage license was dated November 1, 1976 in Portage County, Ohio. The marriage was certified on November 5, 1976. Gail Riplinger's first divorce was from Terry Edward Latessa on February 12, 1975.
(3) Michael Domnick Riplinger married Gail Anne Ludwig (Latessa Kaleda). The record shows that Gail had been "previously married" two times. The marriage license was dated September 4, 1984 in Summit County, Ohio. The marriage was certified on October 27, 1984. Gail Riplinger's second divorce was from Frank Alexander Kaleda on August 6, 1984.
5. January 2009 - We received two pictures of Gail Anne Ludwig (Latessa) Kaleda and Franklin Alex Kaleda. Rev. Richard Gordon who performed the marriage, was also in the picture. It appears that he had just solemnized the marriage and the groom was about to kiss the bride at her second marriage.
6. July 9-14, 2009 - Mrs. Waite wrote a 9-page letter with 12-pages of enclosures (a total of 21 pages in all) to Gail Riplinger in which she confronted her about her lies to her and me in our telephone call of October 24, 2007. The letter was sent by UPS to her address in Ararat, Virginia. A copy of the letter was also sent to her E-mail address so she could receive it and reply (if she wanted to) prior to the Dean Burgon Society's (DBS) Women's Meeting Wednesday, July 22, 2009. [Copies of this letter and enclosures are available in either of two ways: (1) by giving us your E-mail address so we can send you a PDF without charge; or (2) by sending a self-addressed envelope with 3 stamps on it.]
7. July 22, 2009 - Having heard nothing from Gail Riplinger by way of apology, correction, or some kind of excuse for her lies, Mrs. Waite gave a report on this situation to the DBS Women, and distributed to here letter and attachments to the ladies present.
8. July 24, 2009 - Upon arriving home from the Dean Burgon Society (DBS) meetings in Chicago, Illinois, we found an E-mail letter (dated July 21, 2009) from Gail Riplinger's daughter, Bryn. Knowing that there was no more denying about Gail's three marriages and two divorces, Bryn finally admitted that there were two other "marriages" but that they were "on paper only." In other words, Bryn (and her mother as well) was redefining the official Ohio State (and other States) what "marriage" is. Her letter (as the facts determine) contained many more lies in attempting to explain away her mother's lie about her three marriages and two divorces. Gail Riplinger has never replied to Mrs. Waite's letter.
9. Further Information. Many more details about this situation can be found in the following materials: (1) Mrs. Waite's 21-page letter to Gail Riplinger of October 24, 2009. (2) Mrs. Waite's BFTUPDATE of August, 2009; (3) Mrs. Waite's BFTUPDATE of September, October, November, 2009, and (4) further documents either from Mrs. Waite, or from me.
It is sad to us to have what we considered a "friend" to turn from the TRUTH to LIES to such an extent that we have had to separate from her and publicly expose her "unfruitful works of darkness" (Ephesians 5:11) as the Bible commands us.
Pastor D. A. Waite, Th.D., Ph.D.
Bible For Today
Sharing Policy: Much of our material is available for free, such as the hundreds of articles at the Way of Life web site. Other items we sell to help fund our expensive literature and foreign church planting ministries. Way of Life's content falls into two categories: sharable and non-sharable. Things that we encourage you to share include the audio sermons, O Timothy magazine, FBIS articles, and the free eVideos and free eBooks. You are welcome to make copies of these at your own expense and share them with friends and family. You may also post parts of reports and/or entire reports to websites, blogs, etc as long as you give proper credit (citation). A link to the original report is very much appreciated as the reports are frequently updated and/or expanded. Things we do not want copied and distributed are "Store" items like the Fundamental Baptist Digital Library, print editions of our books, electronic editions of the books that we sell, the videos that we sell, etc. The items have taken years to produce at enormous expense in time and money, and we use the income from sales to help fund the ministry. We trust that your Christian honesty will preserve the integrity of this policy. "For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward" (1 Timothy 5:18). Questions? email@example.com
Goal:Distributed by Way of Life Literature Inc., the Fundamental Baptist Information Service is an e-mail posting for Bible-believing Christians. Established in 1974, Way of Life Literature is a fundamental Baptist preaching and publishing ministry based in Bethel Baptist Church, London, Ontario, of which Wilbert Unger is the founding Pastor. Brother Cloud lives in South Asia where he has been a church planting missionary since 1979. Our primary goal with the FBIS is to provide material to assist preachers in the edification and protection of the churches.
Offering: Offerings are welcome if you care to make one. If you have been helped and/or blessed by our material offerings can be mailed or made online with with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Paypal. For information see: www.wayoflife.org/about/makeanoffering.html.
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials