Way of Life Literature is a local church ministry.
Offices will be closed Dec 23 to Jan 2.
We will not be shipping any items
Dec. 22 to Jan. 2
Downloads will work fine.
email support is always available
Close this notice by clicking the "X" in top corner.
Way of Life Literature
Publisher of Bible Study Materials
Old Testament History and Geography
Includes Powerpoint/Keynote Maps
The aim of this course is three-fold: To give an overview of the Bible and how each part fits together into the whole; To give the history of the Bible from creation in Genesis to the establishment of the first churches in Acts; To give the student a working knowledge of the geography of the Bible
This course can be divided into multiple courses if the situation necessitates, such as the following:
Genesis (Creation, Fall, Christ’s early genealogy, the Flood, Babylon, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph)
Exodus (the exodus from Egypt, the giving of the Law at Mt. Sinai, the Tabernacle)
Leviticus - Deuteronomy (40 year wilderness wandering, repetition of the Law, Prophecy of Israel’s history)
Joshua-Ruth (conquering of the Promised Land, the Judges, Ruth)
The Kings (the Kingdom from Saul to Zedekiah, the Babylonian Captivity and Return, between the Testaments)
This course contains both Powerpoint and Keynote (Apple/Mac) presentations consisting of 64 maps and illustrations.
What’s New in the 2014 Edition
The fourth edition of Old Testament History & Geography (May 2014) is a major enlargement and refinement of the course. (The first edition was published in 2002, and this was enlarged and improved in 2004 and again in 2009.)
Following are the changes and improvements:
● We have changed the name of the course from Bible History and Geography to Old Testament History and Geography because we have dropped the studies on the Life of Christ and Acts. These can be found in the Advanced Bible Studies Series courses on The Four Gospels and Acts.
● The material has been greatly enlarged and completely revised throughout.
● The Bible references have been double checked.
● The review questions have been expanded.
● Memory verses have been added to each major section.
● The old maps have been replaced with improved ones. We have chosen to use Manna Bible Maps plus selected ones from other sources, including some of our own. We are including a CD with a PowerPoint presentation of all of the maps used in the course. Teachers are urged to purchase a complete set of Manna Bible Maps from www.BibleMaps.com.
● The Old Testament History & Geography course is now tied in with Bible Times & Ancient Kingdoms (a separate package consisting of a book and a DVD with 21 PowerPoint presentations featuring more than 3,300 slides). The PowerPoint presentations are packed with high quality color photos, drawings, historic recreations, and video clips gathered from the author’s extensive research and travels. The separate Bible Times and Ancient Kingdoms is a course on Bible geography, Bible culture, and Bible history. It has a two-fold objective: to present apologetic evidence for the Bible and to give background material to help the student better understand the setting of Bible history. We cover this fascinating history from Genesis to the New Testament, dealing with the Table of the Nations in Genesis 10, the Tower of Babel and Ancient Babylon, Ur of the Chaldees, Egypt, Baal worship, the Philistines, the Canaanites, David’s palace, Solomon and the Queen of Sheba, Ahab and Jezebel, the fall of the northern kingdom, the Assyrian Empire, Hezekiah and his times, Nebuchadnezzar and his Babylon, the Medo-Persian Empire, Herod the Great and his temple, the Roman rule over Israel, life in the Roman Empire, and the Roman destruction of Jerusalem. The course also deals with Bible culture, such as weights and measures, plant and animal life, Caesar’s coin, the widow’s mite, ancient scrolls and seals, phylacteries, cosmetics, tombs, and the operation of ancient lamps, millstones, pottery wheels, seals, and olive presses. Bible Times and Ancient Kingdoms begins with an overview of Israel’s geography and a timeline of Bible history to give the student a framework for better understanding the material. Each section includes maps to help the student place the events in their proper location. The course is packed with important but little-known facts that illuminate Bible history and culture. It is available from Way of Life Literature.
Throughout the new edition of Old Testament History and Geography, we point to the material in Bible Times and Ancient Kingdoms as supplementary material.
This book includes a disk with 66 slide set containing maps and illustrations (PowerPoint/Windows and Keynote/Mac).