The Truth About Romanism
The year 1550 was a tumultuous time in the Dutch town of Lier in Brabant. Roman Catholic authorities were in wreaking havoc on small bodies of Anabaptist believers that seemed to be springing up everywhere.
One of their captives was a small, 75-year-old woman named Mariken. She was arrested with three others and when questioned, admitted that she no longer held to Roman Catholic beliefs and confessed that she wished she had never held them.
"I'm sorry I ever confessed my sins to the mortal ears of the priests," she said.
After similar testimonies from her three companions, they were each led out to the fires, to endure the mocking and jeering of the wicked masses who had come to see them burnt. As the fire grew hot, they joined in a hymn before passing on into the presence of the Savior.
No doubt you've heard about William Tyndale, Thomas Bilney, Ridley, Latimer and Cranmer, but what about our dear sister Mariken. Have you ever heard of her?
This story and thousands of others are contained on our new CD, "The Truth About Romanism". This CD has been several years in the making. "The Truth About Romanism" is a compilation of more than 40 rare and costly books that tell the truth about the Roman Catholic system.
From the groans of Inquisition dungeons to the drunken merriment of Papal palaces, these books document the long war that God's people have waged against religious tyranny, darkness and oppression.
While we live in a day of tremendous advances in knowledge and communication, ignorance of the history and practices of Rome is more prevalent than ever before. Vast numbers of professing evangelical Christians could not name one martyr or are even aware that such a thing exists.
New evangelicalism has very effectively sought to remove the division between believers in the gospel and the baptized paganism of Rome. At Way of Life Literature, we want to do everything we can to keep that division in place.
ABOUT THIS PACKAGE
Each book is in PDF format for ease of reading and searching.
This CD contains more than 14,000 pages and 2 GB of information. As an extra bonus, this CD contains more than 450 high quality images including the complete set of images from a 1685 edition of The Martyrs Mirror, and the complete set of images from a 1641 edition of Foxe's Book of Martyrs. Images from other books listed below are included as well.
"The Truth About Romanism" contains an indexed search engine so that you can easily perform searches across the entire disc.
- A Letter From Rome, Conyers Middleton
- Alien Rome, Bertrand Tipple
- An Exposure of Popery, William Anderson
- Auricular Confession and Popish Nunneries, William Hogan
- Awful Disclosures of Maria Monk
- Danger in the Dark, Isaac Kelso
- Dowling's History of Romanism, John Dowling
- Fifty Years in the Church of Rome, Charles Chiniquy
- Foxe's Book of Martyrs
- How to Win Romanists, Justin Fulton
- Inventions of the Roman Catholic Church, Lorraine Boettner
- Lectures on Romanism, John Cumming
- Martyrs Mirror, Thieleman J. Van Braght
- Papal Paganism, J.A. Phillips
- Pilgrim's Progress, John Bunyan
- Popery Delineated, William Cattle
- Popery in Power, Joseph Turnley
- Popery, The Foe of the Church, Joseph S. Van Dyke
- Roman Catholic Claims, Charles Gore
- Six Years in the Monasteries of Italy, S.I. Mahoney
- Synopsis of Popery, As It Was and As It Is, William Hogan
- The Devil in Robes, J. Scott Carr
- The Devil in the Church and His Snares Laid for our Public Schools
- The Great Red Dragon or the Master Key to Popery, Anthony Gavin
- The History of the Inquisition, Volumes 1 and 2, William Harris Rule
- The History of the Inquisition, Volumes 1 and 2 by Philip Limborch
- The Inquisition at Goa, Charles Dellon
- The Inquisition in the Spanish Dependencies, Henry Charles Lea
- The Inquisition Revived, William Rule
- The Inquisition Unmasked, D. Antonio Puigblanch
- The Mysteries of the Neapolitan Convents, Henrietta Caracciolo
- The Mystery of Iniquity Unveiled, Chandler Curtis
- The Papal Conquest, Alexander Robertson
- The Protestant, William McGavin
- The Roman Catholic Church in Italy, Alexander Robertson
- The Scarlet Mother on the Tiber, L. J. King
- The Spirit of Popery
- The Two Babylons, Alexander Hislop
- The Variations of Popery, Samuel Edgar
- Thirty Years in Hell, Bernard Fresenborg
- Why Priests Should Wed, Justin Fulton
Order your copy of "The Truth About Romanism" today.